How to travel with multiple sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis Questions and Answers
There are several things one should consider:
- Having a letter from his or her doctor to state that he or she has MS
- Having your doctor’s phone number and off hours pager
- Pacing – you know your body better than anyone, so don’t over-do anything, and enjoy your travel
- Don’t be afraid to use tools that make traveling easier. These include canes, trekking poles, wheelchairs, disposable undergarments etc.
- Keep your medication with you and don’t take it out of its original labeled container ( especially when it comes to injectable MS drugs, cryptic pills and others)
- Always have a reliable travel companion
- Enjoy your trip!
Also, when planning the travel or trip:
- Use a travel agent who specializes in making arrangement for persons with disabilities
- Check our accommodations online before making reservations
- Travel off-season because you won’t waste as much time waiting in line, you’ll get easier into restaurants, you’ll get better seats, and you can enjoy the cooler temperatures
- Always purchase travel insurance when you book your trip